Rohit's nukkad

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

One year of blogging

Today marks one year of blogging on "Rohit's Nukkad. Well quite an achievement with 48 posts and about 100 comments made in the past one year. It depicts a consistent blog updating effort at the same time keen interest from my readers. I was just going over my first blog post Express yourself and trying to analyze how the blogging experience has been over the past one year and what I plan to make changes in future.
I started of writing pretty long posts and mostly discussing about myself. I was under the impression that blog would be like an online diary. But soon I realized there is tons of blogging material around me like office love story or inspiration about life from common people like - Lala (this is my favorite article). Movies and articles related with movies have been a good chunk of my blog posts. May be about 30%, however I have tried to refrain myself from being a movie critic and just focusing on things which strikes me in the movie like some dialogue or may be some scene which just blew me off.
My initial months of blogging were the most enthusiastic ones however a good five months from August to December 2006 I went into hibernation. I just contributed 9 posts over this period with no posts in the month of November. However a new year resolution and determination to continue with blogging helped me. And since January 2007 I have made it a point to write at least one post per week.
In January I started another blog about Cricket 2007 World cup. I failed pretty miserably with it. The reason why this blog failed and what I learned from it I will discuss in a future post.
My blog has been very inconsistent with the choice of post material. In one post I might discuss some cool Internet tool and the next I discuss about some movie. This is one of the things I would like to change and focus on one or group of related topics in future. I would love to get feedback from my readers what they would like to read on my blog. Another aspect of my blog which I would like to change is write more interesting post and not just write for the sake of writing.

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations..
    I have most certainly enjoyed your blog posts...and almost always wonder how you manage to keep them non-technical.

    Keep blogging :)

    By Blogger Amit Phadke, at 4:09 PM, May 04, 2007  

  • Hey CONGRTULATIONSs n CELEBRATIONS.........coooool dude tusi gr8 hai.....tusi tho cha gaye ek saal sahi .......keep up with the good work going ...the best part about ur blog is the variety u offer and let me tell u that u have managed to impress n entertain all of us with ur writing skills..........good luck n happy blogging .......heheheee..

    By Blogger Darshana, at 5:54 AM, May 06, 2007  

  • Well, isn't it "Rohit's nukkad"?

    Write whatever is in/around your 'nukkad'.

    and keep us amused ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 PM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Site Feed << Home