Rohit's nukkad

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Office Humor

The Interesting love story or stories post (11 th May 2006)was an entertaining post about the comedy which goes on at my workplace. Well the latest comedy at my work place is the men's restroom (toilet) knob !!!
Generally knobs are round or with a handle. The restroom knob at my office has a handle that points to left and one needs to rotate it downwards to open the door.
Now one day when I went to the restroom I saw a colleague of mine holding the knob very tightly and trying to open the door, on closely observing I found the door knob handle pointing upwards !!!!!
I looked at my colleague and we both just bust into laughter. Since now how does one rotate it should we move it left or right so he was trying it both ways. And we were able to open the door after a bit of experimentation with the handle. So that's how it remained for a couple of days then suddenly one day the knob handle was pointing downwards !!!!!
So now what should one do. Again just smiling at the irony of the situation and after trying the possible tricks I opened the door. However the next day the knob handle got back to the right position with the handle pointing to the left. Then once again one fine day I saw the knob handle pointing rightwards, hahahahaaaaa.
And today I found the knob handle broken and the door wide open. I guess the maintenance people were fixing it (later in the day I saw it was fixed properly).But surly it provided great entertainment for me and my colleagues for couple of days. The difficulty of opening the door to the loo was far greater challenge for us than solving real world computation problems.

2 Comments:

  • and hows the way out from the restroom? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM, June 24, 2006  

  • that's the weird part, the knob on the inner side remained the regular way, getting stuck in the restroom would have been quite an adventure and imagine getting stuck after office hours :)

    By Blogger Rohit, at 8:50 PM, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Site Feed << Home