Rohit's nukkad

Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Year resolutions - a follow up

At the start of this year I mentioned about "goals" for this year. Here is a follow up.
1. Exercise regularly - I am happy to say that so far I have been very regular even though my work is keeping me busy. I have been able to go 5 times per week in the past 3 weeks with 3 days focussed on running and playing racketball ( though I have played racketball only 4-5 times so far) and the rest of the days focussed on some weight workout. Hope to keep up the good work.

2. Blog update - Thanks to strong advise and support from my friend Aditya and my sister Darshana. I have been updating my blog pretty regularly.

3. Eating more healthy food : Oh yes I have been able to do this one pretty well. Have included nuts and more fruits in my diet. However eating outside still needs to be brought down to one time per week yet. I working on that one.

4. Investment for the future : Making some efforts but still a lot needs to be done.

The other day a friend of mine mentioned something good about getting some new or good activity in our daily routine. If we are able to do some activity continously for 3 weeks (21 days) then automatically the activity will become part of the routine and our daily activities will be made around the new regular activity. So if you are planning to put in a new or good activity like going to the gym or doing some exercise try doing it for 21 days, with especially the first one week the most toughest but you are bound to make that activity regular. I too have to reach my target of 21 days to making my new activities in my routine.

1 Comments:

  • "...getting some new or good activity in our daily routine..."

    A change or introduction of different/newer activities keep the brain healthy!

    One more thing I read in a neuro-psychology book that "If one merely alters one's regular routine then it helps keep the brain healthy and devoid of anxiety"

    The alterations can be simpler like "brushing teeth by other hand", "taking wrong step - first step is usually right-foot", etc. there are so many, that we can change in our regular routines (habbits) that inclusion of other newer activities is far too good change in one's lifestyle!

    keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 AM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Site Feed << Home